Having a good sleep is an integral aspect of wellness, and it is something which should not be toyed with, even though we are individuals who are stressed on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, sleeping is equally as important as having a healthy meal and exercising as well.
However, the world we live in, is affecting us from sleeping as we need to. These days, people do not really sleep unlike the past, this is an indication that sleep quality is currently on a low ebb.
Below are some important reasons why having a good sleep is essential for your health:
- Having a poor sleep could make you fat: Some people gain excess weight because they do not have enough rest. Having a short sleep duration ensures that people weigh more, than those who sleep enough.
Studies have shown that sleeping for a short while is one of the strongest factors which indices obesity. Hence, if you are an individual who wants to reduce weight, having quality sleep is essential.
- It enhances concentration and productivity: For an improved brain function, it is required that the body gets enough rest. When the brain needs to function well in terms of cognition, productivity, performance and concentration, the body needs to sleep enough. Having short sleep has an adverse effect on the brain function which is often similar to being impacted by taking excess alcohol.
- It reduces the risk of Heart problems and stroke: It is a known fact that good quality of sleep has a great effect on the health, alongside having several risk factors. These factors are known to boost chronic diseases. Studies have shown that people who do not sleep well enough, are at a greater risk of having heart disease and stroke.
- Having poor sleep is associated with depression: Most likely, someone who does not sleep well, probably is going through a tough phase of depression, and hence, sleeping well seems impossible. Hence, individuals in this category are advised to seek prompt helps before it gets too late.
- It enhances your immune function: Studies have shown that good quality of sleep, boosts your immune system, which makes it difficult for you to come down with diseases.